Finding the best crossbow for the money is a difficult task because of the numerous options in the market , and it could be more daunting for amature hunters with little outdoor experience.
For those who don’t know , Crossbow is a popular tool used in shooting sports , most especially deer hunting.
In historic times , crossbow played a major role in the warfare of East Asia, Europe, and the Mediterranean. It consists of a bow mounted on a stick , and a trigger that allows you to shoot an arrow while aiming at your target.
Are you an archer looking for the best crossbow 2017 ? Look no further because we have spent time on research and came up with crossbow reviews to help you make the right decision.
We understand there is already a ton of articles on this topic. However , we are confident in our research and we hope our article helps you in deciding the best crossbow for the money.
- 1 Crossbow Comparison Chart
- 2 How To Pick The Best Crossbow
Crossbow Comparison Chart
|Crossbow||Bow Weight||Velocity||Draw Weight|
|[amazon_textlink asin='B013XRC8CO' text='Excalibur Matrix Mega 405' template='ProductLink']||6.2 pounds||405 FPS||290 pounds||[amazon_textlink asin='B013XRC8CO' text='Check Price' template='AzRevButtonLink']
|[amazon_textlink asin='B00IRJDZHG' text='TenPoint Venom Crossbow with ACU50' template='ProductLink']||6.5 pounds||372 FPS||200 pounds||[amazon_textlink asin='B00IRJDZHG' text='Check Price' template='AzRevButtonLink']|
|[amazon_textlink asin='B00BD53YDG' text='Barnett Ghost 410 CRT' template='ProductLink']||7.9 pounds||410 FPS||185 pounds||[amazon_textlink asin='B00BD53YDG' text='Check Price' template='AzRevButtonLink']|
1. Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 Review
This type of a recurve crossbow is the fastest one available in the stores. Pros can hit up to 405 FPS and more allow it to make its mark.
Carrying it around is not a problem because just like all the other recurve crossbows it is light. The scope is none other than the most expensive scope; Twilight DLX scope and it goes without saying that it adds up the accuracy of the crossbow.
It is definitely not easy to use hence a lot of features for safety are included. With a speed of approximately 405 fps, it is one of the fastest bows on the market.
- Very Fast!
- Accurate Scope
- Great Build!
- It doesn’t come cheap
- Might be a little difficult to pull
2. TenPoint Venom Crossbow Review – Compact and Lightweight Crossbow
If cocking the bow is a problem then the advantage of using this bow becomes quite clear as it has a built-in rope cocking feature. Hunting bear, moose, and deer are quite easy using this crossbow. Mostly all the Tenpoint gadgets have an exceptional performance.
The scope is already focused so, after fixing it, not much adjustment is required to start using it. The power of this crossbow is estimated by the weight of the arrows used.
TenPoint offers a constrained lifetime guarantee on the majority of its products including crossbows, yet you should complete the process of the warranty card and give it back in 30 days of buying the crossbow to enact the warranty.
- It comes with the ACU50 draw which helps it to perform smoothly
- Up to 372 feet per second of velocity
- Durable and greatly balanced design
- Compact and Lightweight Crossbow
- Expensive more then others and featured a bit less then other in our high-end picks
- The crossbow is silent, thanks to dampening device. However, the safety will create an audible click which might not be convenient in some sitations.
The multi-layered optics amplify and zoom in from 1.5X to 5X, and the transmission of light on this degree is completely amazing. Each shot is swift just like the flight of the arrow, and the scope is generally as accurate in low-light as well as bright conditions. The scope aims effectively and remains constant even after a considerable measure of knocking and jerking movements.
With this crossbow, you won’t have to supplant the scope with any other in the market.
3. Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Review – Fastest Crossbow 2017
I am sure you will say, “WOW! That must be the most expensive crossbow out there?”. Well, I must tell you that it is not an inexpensive bow but it doesn’t cost a fortune either. It is cheap in cost as compared to the above two and provides more value money.
Let’s have a look at the best features of the fastest compound crossbow you can buy in 2017.
- The mounted scope that comes within the package provides you with a green/red dot illumination, which can be either turn on or off with a single button.
- The crossbow weight is 7.3 pounds only and the draw weight is 185 pounds. The bow is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- The bow uses a 15.4-inch power stroke which can generate an amazing amount of kinetic energy (149ft./lbs).
- The bow is designed to shoot 22-inch arrows with the velocity of 410 FPS. With such specs, you can easily go out there for large games.
- The fastest crossbow ever built (Upto 410 Feet per second of velocity)
- Powerful, Compact and lightweight design
- Great accuracy (You can hunt even if you are 60 yards far)
- It makes noise because the dampening system is not included
How To Pick The Best Crossbow
I’m sure you noticed that good crossbows don’t come cheap and so , it is very important to get it right when splashing the cash.
Money is hard to earn and it is important to spend it wisely and judiciously. Here some tips that will guide you when buying a crossbow. I hope you find them useful
- Check the Shoot Velocity : The shoot velocity of a crossbow is extremely important ; especially if you’re going to use it for hunting competition. The faster the crossbow the more unlikely for you to miss a target.
- Check The Build : The thing to check for is the strength of the crossbow. This is also important because a vital part of the crossbow could get broken when aiming a target of during a fierce competition. I’m sure you wouldn’t want that..
- Check The Draw Weight : Some crossbows might be a little difficult to pull while some has the perfect draw weight. In all , you should pick the one you’re quite comfortable with.